- Define school-wide expectations (i.e. the Matrix).
- Creating an environment of success by using common language and having common expectations.
- Teach, practice, and model expectations.
- Monitor and acknowledge positive behaviour (positives are one way- but it is all about that positive and specific feedback with students).
- Provide instructional consequences for problem behaviour (i.e. running in the hallway = practice walking properly in the hallway with an adult.
- Collect information (Behaviour communication forms/ ROAR tickers/) and use it for decision making.
When helping students to solve problems on the playground or in the classroom we encourage them to use their P.A.W.S By using this common language and practicing with the students we are able to give them some strategies on how to solve conflict.
P- please stop